Friday, January 11, 2013

Tiger's Curse

Tiger's Curse
Author: Colleen Houck
Page Count: 456 (Paperback)
Release Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Splinter
Series: The Tiger Saga #1
Source: Purchased
*Paperback Info*

Read the synopsis here on Goodreads.

 

My Review:

I enjoyed this book. I was a little hesitant to read it at first, but it turned out to be a good book. The last few books I've read have no background story about what is happening in the book, but this one did. You get plenty of background about the curse, Ren's life, and other things. You are not left wondering what in the world is going on. I liked that. Tiger's Curse also has a lot of details about the Indian culture and their history. I felt as though I was in India while I was reading this book. The author created a fabulous world in this book. It seemed so real; it was like you were right beside Ren and Kelsey.

Speaking of Kelsey, I liked her character throughout most of the book until she decided to suddenly do a complete 360 with her feelings. For the first 300 pages of the novel so was all lovey-dovey with Ren and then in the course of like 2 pages, she has turned her feelings around and doesn't want to be with him. I understand that she was trying to be a realist and realized that a relationship may not work out between them, but she could at least give Ren a chance. I certainly hope they work things out in the following books. I was also stunned by the fact that she was basically all over Ren's brother, Kishan, when he showed up at the end of the book, considering how much she was doing to stay way from Ren.

All in all, I thought this was a great book. The character's were well written, despite Kelsey's attitude for the last 100 pages. I will be reading Tiger's Quest as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of it or can download it on my NOOK. Would definitely recommend this one to anyone who has read it yet.


Rating: 4/5 
Review also posted on Goodreads 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment