Saturday, January 26, 2013

Carnival of Souls

Carnival of Souls
Author: Melissa Marr

Page Count: 306
Release Date: September 4, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Series: N/A
Source: Library

Read the synopsis here on Goodreads.

 

My Review:

Unfortunately this was another book that ended up on my DNF list. I had hoped I would enjoy Carnival of Souls. I had heard many good things about it and thought I would enjoy it. In the beginning, I was enjoying it, but as I read on it became less enjoyable for me. I made it about 100 pages through this book before I decided that I just couldn't read it anymore.

The plot just wasn't there for me. It started off okay, but then kind of dropped off. There was no action or spunk in this novel, at least in the part I read. Also there was a lot of information, some of which I don't think was necessary.

Seeing as how I didn't finish this novel, I have no idea how it ends. Maybe it has a good ending; I don't know.

On a good note, I did like the cover. It is intriguing and is what made me had me interested in the novel in the first place.

Overall, this novel just wasn't for me.

Rating: DNF

Review also posted on Goodreads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment