Saturday, February 23, 2013

Movie Review: Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures

Movie Release Date: February 14, 2013




Beautiful Creatures is a movie that I had been waiting to see for months. I went to see it a couple of days after it was released. Overall, I thought it was a good movie. There were several things I was unhappy about, but I will definitely buy the DVD when it becomes available. 

I had never heard of the actors that played Lena and Ethan. That being said, for somewhat unknown actors, they did a wonderful job bringing Lena and Ethan to life. There was also a great supporting cast.

There are many thing about the movie I really liked. I enjoyed seeing a book that I loved so much being brought to life. I loved the acting and the setting. Being for the south, I love things based it in the south. 

However, there are also things that I didn't enjoy about the movie. I noticed that a few essential characters and important parts of the plot were left out of the movie and I was not happy about that. There were changes made to the storyline that I felt really affected the movie. There was also the ending. I did NOT like the ending. It was completely different for the book and made me wonder how they will continue with the movie series if they decide to. There were several times during the movie that I was thinking "That never happened!" or "What the heck!". I know that movies are always different from the book and with that being said, I think I can deal with the changes that were made. 

As I said, for me it was a good movie, despite all of the changes

Rating: 6/10    

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll get around to reading the book before seeing the movie but I doubt it. Usually ends up the other way around.

    ReplyDelete