Friday, February 8, 2013

Alice in Zombieland

 Alice in Zombieland
Author: Gena Showalter
Page Count: 404
Release Date: September 25, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles #1
Source: Library 




Read the synopsis here on Goodreads.

My Review:

I'll be honest; there were a couple of time were I thought this book was going to end up on my DNF list. There were some points in the book that I had to struggle to get though. In the end, however, I decided to stick it out, and I'm glad I did. Once through the tough parts, ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND turned out to be a fantastic book.

Despite the title, this isn't really a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. There are some aspects of the story that allude to Alice in Wonderland but it doesn't try to retell the story with zombies thrown in.

In the beginning, I really did think that Ali's dad was crazy, but as the story progresses, you learn that he is not. In fact, after the accident that take her family away from her, Ali is able to see the monsters too.

The characters were amazing. Ali is a strong lead character, and while she annoyed me sometimes, she is able to stand up for herself and her friends. Cole is a kind of a dark, brooding character, but I think he is a perfect match for Ali. The supporting characters also play a big role in the tale. Without them, this story just wouldn't have turn out the way it did.

Overall, a very good read. I would recommend this to fans of zombie books.

Rating: 4/5

Review also posted on Goodreads. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I have to say that I was thrown off when I figured out this wasn't a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. But this was still an enjoyable read. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete