Saturday, February 2, 2013

Eon

Eon
Author: Alison Goodman
Page Count: 531
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Publisher: Firebird
Series: Eon #1
Source: Purchased
*Paperback Info*
Read the synopsis here on Goodreads.

My Review:

 ** Possible Spoiler** 
  
A very good book. At one point in time, I absolutely did not like fantasy novels. However, after putting my dislike aside, I have found that I really enjoy fantasy.

This book had been sitting at the bottom of my to read pile for over a month when I finally decided that it was time to read it. Very glad I decided to read it. Even though Eon was over 500 pages long, it was not long and drawn out. It is very well paced and keeps you drawn into the story. You get plenty of back story also. The author created a wonderful world in this book. Very action packed. I also enjoyed the Asian mythology and culture.

Eon is a twelve year old boy training to take part in the Dragoneye ceremony. But that is not his true identity. Eon is actually a sixteen year old girl named Eona, who has to hide her real identity because females are not allowed to be Dragoneyes. At the ceremony, Eon is picked by the Mirror Dragon, who had disappeared 500 years earlier.

Throughout the novel you learn more about Eon/Eona and the struggles she goes through training to be a dragoneye. While the first half of the novel doesn't have many big events, the second half certainly makes up for it. Eona was kind of slow in figuring things out, but I've noticed that this happens in a lot of books, so it really didn't bother me that much. I personally thought the ending was a bit predictable, but I still enjoyed the way it played out. The novel does end in a cliffhanger and leaves you eager to read the next book.

Rating: 5/5
Review also posted on Goodreads. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment